Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Brain on Math

This is what my brain looks like on math.

Reflecting on STEM:

I did not take Algebra II in high school because my Algebra I teacher made me feel like a complete and utter failure at math. Until just a few years ago I would be paralyzed with fear anytime anyone asked me a mathematical question. I would experience a brain fog where even a simple multiplication exercise would cause me to sweat. As I tried to sort out the answer in my head it felt like the numbers were each seeping into separate sections of my brain and I couldn’t bring them all together to figure out the answer.

...Good grief, I just googled “math fog” to see if I might come up with examples of my experience, instead, it turns out math fog is actually a mathematical problem.  Check it out: http://forum-3.com/math-forum/math-help-finding-fog-t368.html

This is what I wish my brain looked like on math.

Some funny math images from Google:




2 comments:

  1. I fog up around math too. Difficulty is, if you confront math-people with the statement "I have a math problem" they fall into a fit of squiggles and odd little symbols. They can only use math to explain math so you have to trick them into explaining in plain language--whatever that is.

    ReplyDelete